Thursday 23 April 2009

Ode to the Ahlul-Kitab

When you believe in something so strong
and you just want the Ummah to live long
but you encounter many who do not know
and many more who don't want to know
ignorance is not bliss
ignorance is just ignorant

but they are those to whom we know
were taught wrong and terribly mislead
they join our ranks in undertanding and
know our undertaking
and even those in them who do not embrace,
they empathise because of their inner eye

but then there are those who know
but sickness is in their hearts
they enjoy the misguiding and lying
for it has always been their stubborn natures
to those I can only turn away from
because their aim is to kill my Iman

our destination is to Allah
and everyday draws it closer
and when we reach the darkness of the grave
what will we say of the knowledge we had?

So the ones who want to hear,
I shall speak
But the ones who want to blind and dumb
I shall recite on them and walk away
for it would be a shame to be led astray


بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
"In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful"

قُلۡ يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلۡڪَـٰفِرُونَ

Say (O Prophet): O ye who reject faith! (1)

لَآ أَعۡبُدُ مَا تَعۡبُدُونَ

I worship not that which ye worship; (2)

وَلَآ أَنتُمۡ عَـٰبِدُونَ مَآ أَعۡبُدُ

Nor worship ye that which I worship. (3)

وَلَآ أَنَا۟ عَابِدٌ۬ مَّا عَبَدتُّمۡ

And I shall not worship that which ye worship. (4)

وَلَآ أَنتُمۡ عَـٰبِدُونَ مَآ أَعۡبُدُ

Nor will ye worship that which I worship. (5)

لَكُمۡ دِينُكُمۡ وَلِىَ دِينِ

Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion. (6)


No comments: