I have been tagged by Sister Fahiima (beautiful name by the way)…to write 10 honest things about me that my blogger readers may not know…so here goes...
1. I was born a Muslim, but really, I am a revert.
I was a wild child, up until I understood the whys and why nots of Islam. Why hijab, why is this the truth, didn’t practice much until I understood.
I knew so much yet so little. I was so far from Islam so I sort of took my shahada again.
2. I carry a pen and notebook everywhere so that when things get muddled up in my head, I can clear it out. Usually when angry almost tearing the paper with the pen...ahh the stress release.
3. My dad doesn’t know I’m married. Better marriage than living in haraam I say. But the situation is complicated and will fill him in slowly…yeah, sorry for dropping that bomb on everyone…
4. I cannot speak Somali, my native tongue, very embarrassed about it, and get roaring laughter everytime I try because of how broken it is apparently. Well I laugh at Somali’s broken English everytime so I guess I deserve it. Still, it’s the funniest thing. Kostometic – cosmetic, barafum – perfume…
5. My dream is living as a Bedouin somewhere in the outskirts of Medina…Life would be so much easier.
6. I can tell I will be a control-freak mother… no TV, no Music, no nothing. Tough!
7. My husband makes me fat. With his big appetite, I’m struggling to secure some food before it disappears. Lol. Just kidding, but he does eat a lot.
8. I want a baby…SO MUCH. But I guess I have to break the news to my dad first…oh the hurdles!
9. I was born in the wrong era. Seriously, even 100 years back won’t be too bad. I feel like an old woman watching this world change before my eyes into something sick and disfigured.
10. I had cramps that felt like childbirth. I couldn’t get out of bed. I was screaming, sweating, shivering, and once passed out in pain. Any sisters having similar pains, I found the answer…its called Solpadeim. :)
So for this Honest Scrap tag, I would like to tag these sisters and brothers to know them a little better Inshallah:
7. Sister NiDa
8. Sir Adib
9. Sister Meemy
10. Brother Hamid
And I pass the Awesome Award to 2 bloggers. Sorry, its a tie, I just couldn't decide. Ayan at Beyoutiful Hijabi and Jamaican Muslimah because I learn so much from the posts from both of these talented Muslimahs. Inshallah may Allah reward you for sharing them. Amin